Passion

The art of classic cooking

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Quick Potato Fry ( shallow fry method )

Potato and Lady's Finger are my all time favourite veggies with potato topping the list. I love to eat potato with sambar rice, curd rice and all the variety rice ( or just like that....) In fact when I eat potato with any rice, potato is my main dish while rice becomes just an accompaniment. I don't know if you all do this, but I used to and still am doing this. Whenever potato is the combo for any rice, I used to save some to eat lastly without any rice just to get the pure taste of it......You get the picture, I am madly in love with it!!!!!
Even now a days, when I visit my mom's place, she will surely make potato and lady's finger with sambar for me at least twice or thrice a week (mostly for me and a little for my little sister too......)

potato fry

My mom makes two versions of potato fry. Both are awesome. This is one of them and it is so yummy, hot and spicy. Oh did I mention??? this is my SIL and niece favourite too... Being a potato fan like me, she used to enjoy it very much whenever she comes here for holidays and will be very happy if I gave the whole lot to her...
Well a long intro I think, but I couldn't resist after all its one of my favourite recipes.  Now straight on to the recipe...

easy potato fry

INGREDIENTS:

Potato - 2
Chilli Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp (or to taste)
Oil - 2 tbsp
Water - 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp + for boiling

METHOD:
1) In a vessel heat 3 to 4 cups of water. After it comes to a boil add the halved potatoes. Boil till they are cooked but still firm ( about 10 to 12 minutes ). Cool the potatoes and slice them.
2) Mix chilli powder, coriander powder and salt with water and make it as a loose paste ( not too runny ).
pic name pic name pic name
3) Apply the paste on both sides of potato and shallow fry them with 1 tbsp oil in low medium flame till golden brown. I did it in batches.
pic name pic name pic name
That's it...yummy, tasty and mouthwatering potato fry is ready.... very simple yet very delicious!!!!

quick potato fry ( shallow fry method )

Enjoy them with any rice you like and eat them as you wish....

quick potato fry

NOTES:
1) This is slightly hot version as I like it this way. Reduce it if you wish.
2) Fry always in low medium flame till golden brown ( without burning ) to avoid raw masala flavour.
3) Don't overcook the potatoes as it will be difficult to make slices.

Cheers,
Sindhiya.S

1 comment:

  1. hey little for me how come?? nice clicks capturing the golden fry potatoes..;) Bet u ate all after it was done..:P :D

    ReplyDelete